Pharmacy Technician – Full Time
Starting Wage: $12.50 (OR commensurate if prior CPhT experience.)
201 W. Water St.
Decorah, IA 52101
Donlon Pharmacy is seeking a full-time pharmacy technician-CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (CPhT) or TECHNICIAN TRAINEE (no experience needed). We have convenient business hours of 9-6 M-F and 9-3 on Saturday; employees are off every other Saturday, every Sunday, and all major holidays. Benefits include health and dental insurance, retirement contribution, paid time off, and an employee discount on toys, gifts, and OTC items.
A general overview of some of the responsibilities and qualities of pharmacy technicians include:
- Prescription processing, data entry using computer and pharmacy software
- Prescription filling, labeling, and inventory maintenance
- Insurance processing and troubleshooting in real-time, using pharmacy software
- Answering telephones, speaking with patients, customers, medical office personnel
- Ensuring excellent customer service to our patients and front-store customers by providing prompt, courteous service, at all times
- Answering general patient questions regarding insurance and billing questions
- Able to effectively communicate in English to patients and medical clinic staff both verbally and in writing
- Receiving daily wholesaler orders and helping with managing inventory, processing returns
- Being a team player, working well with staff and customers
- Ability to utilize and adapt to new technology and implement effective work strategies with a team of coworkers
- Ability to multi-task, work efficiently, quickly, and prioritize tasks and ensure completion of all patient/medication requests.
- Excellent attendance, good organizational skills, and a positive attitude are required
- Ability to ensure compliance with maintaining patient privacy/confidentiality
Physical demands: the employee is required to stand and/or walk for long periods of time while completing their duties and responsibilities. Anti-fatigue mats are utilized at all workstations. Employees must have a full range of body movements including the use of their hands to handle bottles, computer equipment, and other medication supplies or equipment. The ability to bend the body, to reach for objects, and to bend to retrieve stock is also required. The employee must have command of the senses including hearing, sight, and touch to accurately perform the job functions. Specific visual abilities include close vision, depth perception, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must have the ability to lift twenty-five (25) pounds.
Licensing/registration requirements: Prior experience is not required, on the job training is provided. Registration (immediately prior to beginning work) is required with the Iowa Board of Pharmacy. A background check will be performed. After successful completion of 90 days initial training, paid assistance for training to complete a required certification (Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) training) is provided and CPhT certification must be achieved within 12 months of date of hire.
Education/age requirements: Must be at least 18 years of age, high school GED or diploma required. NO PREVIOUS PHARMACY EXPERIENCE REQUIRED; on the job training is provided for the right candidate.
Covid19: Staff are required to wear face mask/covering during work hours. Staff are provided (free of charge) influenza vaccine yearly and Covid19 vaccine per CDC guidelines.
HOW TO APPLY:
Visit our Facebook page OR
Email you resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org