COVID-19 Vaccine Information
(Updated March 17th, 2021 )
Donlon pharmacy will be receiving a shipment of the Pfizer vaccine soon and is planning a community clinic for COVID19 VACCINATIONS.
- This appointment-only clinic will be held ON SATURDAY, MARCH 27th, 2021 at the Decorah Middle School.
- Please know: All patients must also be available to receive their 2nd Pfizer dose on April 17, 2021.
- This vaccination clinic will be by appointment only. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
- On Friday, March 19th, 2021 at 10:00 AM a scheduling link will be shared on our website: donlonrx.com and our Facebook page. On this day, you will only be able to schedule appointments for patients 65 and older.
To help fill appointments quickly, we prefer you make your appointment on our website, IF you do not have Internet access or you need assistance, please call 563-382-3929, starting Friday, March 19that 10 AM. No appointments will be accepted before this time.
- On Tuesday, March 23rd, 2021 at 10:00 AM will be reopen the scheduling link at donlonrx.com for remaining appointments to anyone ages 16-64 with one or more of the 20 underlying medical conditions as listed on the scheduling form and outlined by the Iowa Dept. of Public Health and the CDC. We cannot schedule appointments for this population before March 23rd.
Please be patient with our staff as we will be receiving many calls coming into the pharmacy. Thank you!
(as of 12/11/20)
- Will Donlon Pharmacy be providing COVID-19 vaccinations to patients?
YES! However, we do not know when. Donlon Pharmacy is working closely with the IA Dept. of Public Health and will notify the community when they become available.
- When will Donlon Pharmacy receive COVID-19 vaccines?
We are unsure at this time. Currently we are expecting vaccines to arrive late winter or early spring, but this could change!
- I've heard on the news that some people will start getting the vaccine in December. Why doesn't Donlon Pharmacy have the vaccine yet?
The first rollout phase of COVID-19 vaccine includes populations such as hospital staff and nursing home residents. Currently, Donlon Pharmacy is not contracted to provide vaccines to these populations.
- Who will be able to receive the vaccine at Donlon Pharmacy?
Eventually everybody. Specific information has not yet been provided- but higher risk populations will probably come first (i.e. essential workers, adults over 65, high-risk medical conditions).
Thank you for your patience.
Please continue to follow the CDC COVID-19 guidelines to help protect you from getting and spreading COVID-19.