Vaccinations & Quick Tests
Flu Shots No cost for Medicare patients and for most insured patients.
Shingles & Tetanus up to your insurance.
Here at Donlon Pharmacy, we offer:
- Shringrix injections for shingles prevention.
- Boostrix Tdap vaccine for Pertussis (whooping cough) prevention (& Tetanus, diphtheria)
- The Flu Shot, available seasonally, to prevent influenza.
All vaccinations are documented in the state of Iowa IRIS system, which can be accessed from any clinic who may need to see the record. For any vaccine, it is recommended that you wait 10 – 15 minutes afterward just as a precaution.
Scheduling is easy: except in times of national shortage, we always have vaccine on hand and you can simply walk in and ask for the injection. No prescription needed for any of the injections.
All vaccinations can be given without physician's orders and we will run it through your insurance before injection: copays vary quite a bit from one plan to another, so there’s no way for us to know your cost until we receive the claim response from your insurance plan.
Flu Vaccine is offered during flu season, starting in September or October. While it’s best to get your flu shot early in the flu season, it is still important even later. Many cases of flu show up in February, so if you don’t get the shot until then, it will still provide you and yours with valuable protection.
Flu shots are recommended for anyone age 6 months or more, according to the CDC. Visit the influenza website for more information. If you are likely to have contact with someone who is below that age or is unable to get the vaccine for other reasons, you could pass the virus to them without even realizing it. Vaccination is the best way that you can prevent yourself becoming a carrier for this disease which can be severe or even deadly.
Donlon Pharmacy is proud to announce they are participating in a grant from the Iowa Dept. of Public Health in providing free HIV testing. They were approached by the organization to assist in increasing the screening efforts in Iowa, specifically as STDs have doubled in Iowa since 2000.
- The tests are performed in their confidential Patient Care Room.
- Patients are provided contact information for direct support of highly skilled specialists through IDPH and local health facilities.
- Tests are performed during open hours: M-F 9:30-6/Sat 9:30-3
- Complete confidentiality. Just approach the pharmacy counter and ask for a "Quick Test".
The grant also provides condoms free for consumers (located next to the Patient Care Room). IDPH estimates that every $1 spent on prevention saves $43 in direct medical costs.
Other Quick Tests include Flu & Strep.